2) For G1 hands never play together, they never move/stretch and range is just 5 notes. When hands are in position DON'T MOVE THEM!
3) No need to work out each individual note. Follow the steps vs leaps. Leaps from line-line or space-space = skip a note/finger. Larger intervals can be worked out during the 30 seconds along with the starting note for both hands!
4) Identify what's in the key signature and place fingers on corresponding sharps/flats before beginning. During the 30 seconds scan the piece to identify accidentals.
5) Count 1,2,3 in head to get pulse if in 3 time.
6) Play it SLOWLY, no matter the #tempo direction!
7) Clapping games can develop a recognition of rhythmic phrases. Practise especially subdivision; clapping #crotchets to #quavers etc.
8) But remember the most important thing: KEEP GOING. Don't repeat stumbled phrases, don't go back and correct - don't stop! Students possibly find this the hardest to manage!